(TargetLiberty.org) – On Wednesday the White House dubbed Fox News host Tucker Carlson a non-credible source of news following his recent portrayal of the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol attack during his prime time show this week.
Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in reference to the Capitol riot that the administration agrees with “Fox nation’s own attorneys and executives, who have repeatedly stressed in multiple courts of law that Tucker Carlson is not credible” when it comes to the attack on the Capitol.
Reporters from Fox News often spar with the Biden administration, however, Jean-Pierre’s remarks which included the network’s attorneys are a rare display of praise from the administration for the right-leaning news organization.
Jean-Pierre pointed to a deposition in which David Clark, a senior vice president at Fox News, said directly that Tucker Carlson cannot be trusted with these facts, and that “[Sean] Hannity, Carlson’s shows are not credible sources of news.”
Fox Corp. is currently facing a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion is accusing Fox of perpetuating former president Donald Trump’s and his allies’ unfounded claims regarding election fraud despite knowing they were false. Fox has previously tried to get the case dismissed on First Amendment grounds and has even accused Dominion of trying to build a narrative with their highlighted quotes from Fox’s top talents and executives.
On Wednesday, Jean-Pierre said that the White House also agreed with those lawmakers and members of the Capitol Police who had called out Carlson on his recent depiction of the attack after he was given exclusive access to security footage from the attack by Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).
Copyright 2023, TargetLiberty.org