(TargetLiberty.org) – Former President Donald Trump during an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” claimed that former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is the one responsible for the Capitol attack. As he told host Kristen Welker, Pelosi had been the one in charge of the Capitol’s security and she had refused his offer for “10,000 soldiers.” He added that had she not refused his offer for troops, Jan. 6 would not have occurred.
The interview took place at Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. However, Trump refused to answer Welker’s questions about whether he had called for additional troops to be sent to the Capitol on that day. Instead, he just claimed to have done a “good job” and that he had “behaved so well.” He then argued that Pelosi had rejected his offer for 10,000 soldiers.
However, Welker was quick to point out that Trump would have had more authority than Pelosi as he was the commander-in-chief at the time. Still, Trump maintained that there were people in the police who had testified against Pelosi but that the evidence had been “burned.” He proceeded to say that Pelosi had “authority over the Capitol” and that he had told Pelosi to have the National Guard at the Capitol on that day, three days in advance.
Welker pointed out that Pelosi has maintained that such a request had not officially been made. Still, Trump stated that the mayor of Washington, D.C., had given them a letter that showed that Pelosi had turned the request down.
Copyright 2023, TargetLiberty.org