(TargetLiberty.org) – An Egyptian man is recovering after emergency surgery – which he needed because he swallowed a cellphone. As if that isn’t weird enough, this was no accident; he had swallowed it other times.
Man in Egypt swallowed a mobile phone 6 months ago but didn't seek help as he hoped it'd pass through his body naturally. He finally sought help when his stomach pain increased. Doctors spotted phone inside his stomach through X-ray after which man had emergency surgery.
— Tushar Kant Naik 🇮🇳ॐ♫₹ (@Tushar_KN) October 20, 2021
Prison inmate Mohamed Ismail Mohamed was recently brought into the emergency room at the Aswan University Hospital suffering from severe abdominal pains. He was taken in for surgery to remove an object after a CT scan showed something stuck in his intestines. When doctors opened him up and extracted the object, they found it was a small cellphone wrapped in plastic wrap.
Mohamed was questioned and said he would use the phone to talk to people outside the prison, then swallow it to hide it from the guards. He usually excreted it, charged it, then swallowed it again – but, this time, it didn’t come back out. Amazingly, he said he didn’t worry about it; he just kept eating and drinking as normal until he started suffering from stomach pains six months later. Doctors said the phone had caused severe inflammation and infection, and if it had been worse, they might have had to remove part of his intestines. It sounds like he was lucky all he lost was his phone.
Copyright 2021, TargetLiberty.org