(TargetLiberty.org) – Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical adviser, is losing the confidence of the American people – and increasing numbers want him to quit. That’s the finding of an explosive new poll carried out last week.
Rep. Madison Cawthorn: "Dr. Fauci has forsaken his Hippocratic Oath and exchanged it for the mantle of unchecked power. […] Americans deserve the truth, and this demon-doctor must never be allowed to escape justice." pic.twitter.com/EknsAg4W75
— The Hill (@thehill) October 27, 2021
A Hill-HarrisX poll from October 26-27 found that voter support for Dr. Fauci has declined sharply since the summer. In June, responses to an identical poll showed that 58% of registered voters thought Fauci should stay in his post, while 42% thought he should quit. Since then, though, support for the National Institutes of Health physician has tumbled. Now, just 48% of registered voters are happy for him to stay on – leaving 52% who now want him to step down.
Discontent with Fauci shows a clear partisan division, with a massive 75% of registered Republicans wanting his resignation – but even among Democrats, 32% think he should go. It’s clear confidence in Fauci is evaporating fast, and it’s not hard to work out why. For example, he has consistently denied any US involvement in dangerous coronavirus research at China’s Wuhan lab, which has been under intense scrutiny as researchers investigate the source of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, on October 20, the NIH admitted that US funding did go to the project, even if it was indirectly. Many conservatives feel Fauci’s denials were misleading – and the public is getting tired of being misled.
Copyright 2021, TargetLiberty.org