(TargetLiberty.org) – A former secretary of state has said what we all knew – that ignoring the theory COVID-19 escaped from a Chinese research lab was a big mistake. For over a year, the MSM and Left-wing politicians have meekly swallowed Beijing’s denials. Now it looks like they all might have been wrong. While we still don’t know the full truth about COVID-19’s origins, it turns out the possibility of a lab leak might not be as unreasonable as the mainstream outlets suggested.
Condoleeza Rice on Chinese cooperation with investigation into COVID origins: “Given what we experienced with SARS and with avian flu as well in the early 2000s, I don't think it was worth trusting that the Chinese were being transparent about what was going on there.” pic.twitter.com/iUm5EJxXnw
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) June 6, 2021
On June 6, Condoleeza Rice, who served President George W. Bush as National Security Adviser and then-Secretary of State, told CDB that politicians and the media were wrong to dismiss early rumors of a lab leak. “I think the press bears some responsibility for this,” she said, before pointing out that she was Secretary of State in 2005 when China was refusing to answer questions about the SARS outbreak.
Rice warned, “we’re going to have to be a little bit more aggressive” when it comes to making China cooperate on disease control. She went on to say that many had been too ready to trust the Communist state, and criticized those who opposed President Trump’s travel restrictions.
Copyright 2021, TargetLiberty.org