It’s hard to believe how Democrats want illegal immigrants treated. If it was up to the Left, these criminals would have exactly the same rights as American citizens and legal aliens. There don’t seem to be any limits at all on how far they’ll go to encourage illegals — they even want them to be able to vote.
Unfortunately, with their new majority in the House they can push through laws that give illegal aliens more rights than ever before.
- The flagship legislation for House Democrats this year is HR 1, the so-called “For the People Act.” This grandiosely-named bill is mostly about electoral law, and it’s a pretty obvious attempt to rig elections in favor of the Left.
- Parts of the bill deal with campaign finance. It also covers voter registration and access, which are common Left-wing themes — they seem totally opposed to any kind of verification on people who register to vote.
- However, the most controversial parts of HR 1 deal with illegal immigrants. Six months ago, the House condemned voting by illegals. Now the Democratic majority has allowed them to overturn that result.
- The House recently voted to defend localities that let illegal immigrants vote in local elections. Most of the US doesn’t allow this, but some places are so desperate to demonstrate their “progressive” credentials that they actively encourage people to vote when they don’t even have a right to be in the country.
- Standard arguments for this include the fact that illegals are affected by the decisions local legislators take, so they have a right to help choose them. This is ignoring a key fact that’s worth mentioning twice — they don’t even have a right to be in the country!
- The real reason, of course, is to push an open-borders agenda. Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) said 6 months ago when he voted against the previous bill: “We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in.”
- The end result of this is predictable — if we let “all the people come in” then, soon enough, the American people will be outnumbered in their own country, and the sheer weight of the liberal votes will ensure the US is run to benefit illegals instead of the law-abiding.
- Luckily, there’s nothing the House can do about federal elections — they’re only open to US citizens. However, even local politics can cause a lot of damage when they’re hijacked by the open borders crowd and their following of border jumpers.
- So, did the House decide to let illegals vote? Not exactly — they’re already allowed to vote in some places. What the House decided was to let that continue.
Thank you to our friends at RightWing.org for contributing this piece.
Copyright 2019, TargetLiberty.org